Buying Online at Auction
Tips from Our Auctioneer
At Ryedale Auctioneers we use TheSaleroom.com to conduct our auctions. This extends our reach well beyond the walls of our auction house, with registered users able to bid worldwide at the click of a mouse.
TheSaleroom tips on live bidding tips for beginners
Before the live auction
- View an auction first to see how it works
- Contact the auctioneer directly via the-saleroom.com if you would like a condition report for particular lots
- Decide how much you want to pay for your desired lot. The Price Guide is a useful indicator of the sums similar items have sold for in the past.
During the auction
- Bid early and bid often
- Do not wait until the last second to bid, as the hammer may go down before your bid is received
- Do not wait to hear the auctioneer, bid according to the information on the screen